Sunday, December 24, 2006

'Twas The Night Before Christmas

'Twas the day before Christmas, when all through the house
Two Bengals were stirring, in search of a mouse;

The stockings were hung by the window with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;


Les and I had just settled down for a nice mid-day's nap,
When out on the porch there was a sound of "Thwap;"

I listened more closely,
Just enough to hear, the driver give one final call,
There's a package on the porch,
propped up against the wall;

Away to the front door I flew like a flash,
Peaked through the peep-hole as I closed up my sash;

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a little white package full of holiday cheer;

I quickly found the package and returned to the house,
But found the brothers no longer interested in mouse;

A wink of Lesley’s eye and a twist of her head,
Let me know the family looked forward to the surprises ahead;

First Uschi then Tanji checked for their names,
Then dug in to pull out what toys might remain;

Uschi found an orange octopus and jumped with joy,

Tanji quickly grabbed a purple squidy toy;

Soon the marine toys were wet,

And Tanji found a package of glitterballs to get;

Uschi lounged on the table as if it were a bed,

With visions of a feather mouse dancing in his head;

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."


Previous ----- Home ----- Next

No comments: