Friday, October 10, 2008

Uschi's Ground Bees

We have nasty ground bees, that really STING !!
The stings hurt, for days and days,... trust me,...
I've "found" a few nests.

Typically, soon after I find a ground nest
so does one of our local wild animals. Most likely
skunks, who like to dig up the nests and eat the
bees, they are tough little mammals.

I recently found a nest,...
a few days later it was dug up.

Uschi then found the big hole,...

Oh boy,...

U goes right in the shallow big hole.

There were still some bees flying around so
I quickly grabbed U's leash and got him moving away.

He ran right back,...
and started back filling the hole.

"I'll protect you dad,... Bad bees"

Luckily, U didn't get stung and we got away safely.

That night our unknown bee eater went after the
nest again and really dug up a big area.
Another nest down.


Previous ----- Home ----- Next


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a brave boy you are, Uschi -- you da warrior! I want to tug your tail.

Louche Tabby said...

......more great booty pics....

Anonymous said...

I just read something really intersting online that suggests that you get rid of ground bees by putting a little honey on the entrance hole, this will attract the skunks...

(Just a tip from a fan!)