Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bengal On A Cold Tin Roof

Yesterday, the family was outside,
it was cold (~36F) and overcast.

I was standing right next to the house watching Vladi
stare at grass when all of a sudden some caught my eye.

Uschi walking across the roof,...

Happy as could be,...

Pretty proud of himself,...

Headed back up.

This smells like a mouse filled attic.

He kept out of my reach,...

headed to the other side,...

What do you see,...

Looking at the bed inside,...

I'm not ready to come down yet,...

Cruising on another lap,...

Uschi, it is time to come down from there,...

He was ready,... and came right over to me,...
I was able to reach up and get a hold of him and
take him down and put him home.

When he came inside he was pumped,... he went right out into
the kennel and tried climbing to the roof from inside,...
but that won't work. He then came inside and sat on the bed
and looked up at where he had climbed up.

He actually went up twice. First he came right over to me
and I took him down. He then ran around the house and climbed
the outside of the kennel, went up over the gutter and onto the roof.

Though the roof is metal, not good grip for Bengal boy claws,
it has a gutter all the way around, which I can reach from the
ground, it is ~8ft, so he was in no real danger. If he slipped he
would encounter the gutter before coming all the way off. If
he jumped down, it isn't too high. AND I was down slope
of him the entire time.


Previous ----- Home ----- Next


2 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Oh wow, what an adventure being on the roof!!

Anonymous said...

So will Uschi now only be allowed to go on the roof while wearing his leash? Did he get up there by himself or did someone "help" him?

-Karen
>^..^<