Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back In The Saddle

Sunday June 13, I did a 40k time-trial, my first ever bike race.
I didn’t really know what to expect and/or how my
body would respond to an hour of hard effort.
All went well.


I decided to ride Airo-Steed XL,
which got lots of double & triple takes,…
The guy that held my bike at the start said,…
“Boy, this is a trick bike,…” then I heard,..
“Where is the seat-tube?” I smiled proudly,…


The big guy off the line,...
I think they are looking to see if I would fall down,...

Headed back north into the wind,...

I can see the finish line,...

Motoring home in the last 100m.

Results; 1:00:50 for the 40k effort, ~24.53Amph. 9th in Masters 40-44.

I've got a long way to go to get my fitness & confidence back,
but it was a good day out.

I will certainly do more of these events.

I'm getting
Retül-ed on Thursday, >;-)


Previous ----- Home ----- Next



2 comments:

MainecoonMa said...

Go Mark go, just be careful...no more dives like the nasty one you had last year. That was a doozy and had us all worried :-D

mcat said...

woo-hooo! back in the saddle again. we were just talking about you and biking and wondering when/and/or IF you'd get back. YES !!! lookin good on that fancy bike. glad to see you back on the road ! maxcat