Monday, August 30, 2010

Floor Inspection

The other night I laid out the piers for the
bike room addition using a laser level to
line everything up.

(You can see the laser lines and note how
unlevel the floor of the old shed is,... no surprise there)

The next morning I built the sub-floor and

Put down 0.75" tongue and groove plywood.

Later when the inspectors came out,...

Uschi headed right under to check for structural integrity.

Tanji did some digging.
(I like the motion of the dirt)

I see you under there,...

Oh no I got some dirt on my belly,...

This spot is pretty dirty.


Previous ----- Home ----- Next


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

That addition looks like it is coming along splendidly. Where'd you learn construction? It must feel really good to be self-sufficient and create structures for your use. (I'm just a bit envious.)

Tanj,Uschi&Vladi said...

Thanks,... some basics growing up, and lots of thinking about how to do it,... >;-)

I find that the hardest part is just starting. I like to be able to envision all the steps, which isn't possible on larger jobs... at some point you need to just start and work on the problems as they reveal themselves.