Monday, September 06, 2010

Two Day Workbench

Two+ days ago I set out to build a workbench and
shelving for the old-shed portion of the "shed."
I figured this would take about half a day,...

It took me all day yesterday, a looong day,...
to just dry fit it,... held together with clamps.

Partially b/c the old-shed structure isn't square/level,...
Partially b/c I was making it all up as I went along.

I wanted it to be very stiff and level,... since the bench top is an "L" of
10'x12'x24" (37.5" high) and dimensional lumber always has a crown,...
I cut scrap 3/4" plywood into strips, then, Gorilla glued and screwed
it together (with the veneers vertical) into beams then fit it all together.

It took me all day today to put it all together,...

The bench is strong and stiff, the old-shed structure
is kind of springy so,... probably overkill for the structure.

This looks pretty fancy dad,...

This 16" deep shelf will hold a lot of stuff,...

Wow, the old shed looks pretty big when emptied out.

The new roof "skylight" goes over the old shed for some
natural light in there too.

This is going to be a fun place to "play."

Daaad, this needs to come down too.
(it is already gone)

Make sure you put in lots of outlets for all your toys,...

Time for a new adventure.


Previous ----- Home ----- Next


1 comment:

Bengal Lady said...

Very fancy wood work. I need you to come to Texas - I have lots of little helpers.