Sunday, August 20, 2006

Cat Wheel Begins to Turn

The cat exercise wheel has not been getting much action yet,... We think/hope this is because the boys have had so much stimulation during their first three months with us. They have lots of toys and play time, head outside into their private ~400sq-ft kennel (which is 1/2 the size of our house!), run on the trails every day, go on car trips, etc. etc. etc. So they haven't had much pent up energy/aggressions. However Uschi has begun to use the 42.5"x8" freestanding wheel more frequently.

I think he has actually been on it every day for several weeks now. He doesn't run on it very long, he mostly walks on it, but we are relieved/happy to see him using it. It is kind of funny, we hear him get on it, with a meow, and then we see the wheel spinning. If I go over to him he is purring away while cruising along. I'm not sure what the purring is about, but he seems happy.

Uschi often sits in the wheel,...

and walks along,...

before building speed,

and sprinting,...

But, as with most toys,...

when Tanji shows up,

Uschi steps aside,



Previous ----- Home ----- Next


8 comments:

BLEU 12 said...

Did you build that wheel yourself or buy it. I havent look through yoour whole blog yet. I will be back later today to check it out. Is it cool to link some of your posts on my show?

THE STU

Starbuck and Torrey said...

I love the wheel! Where did you get it? S, SB and T would love one! (although I'm sure they don't ship to Hong Kong!) =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lavs and Les

Of course yr boyz are magnificant, marvelous and a total delight. I am absolutely addicted.

The wheel was especially intriguing.
Have you seen Anita's wheel video w/ her engals?

http://www.bengal.us/gymcats.html
Is Your Gym Getting Too Crowded?
Be sure and have yr sound on.

Our Boyz came from her when she was raising Abbys. And in fact she sent me yr blog right after you'd adopted yr boyz.

m a (maxcat)

Anonymous said...

Hi your cats look wonderful. I have a 4 month old brown spotted. Please can you tell me where you got the exercise wheel. I clicked on the manufacturer link but could not access it. Thank you

Tanj,Uschi&Vladi said...

Thanks for visiting our blog, we are having a ball. Feel free to put links on your site to our blog. We purchased the wheel,... I put a link to "Roger's Cat Exercise Wheels" site in first line of text.


http://bengalized.com/catwheels/catwheels.html

and,...

He has shipped world-wide in the past so Hong Hong might not be out of the picture,...?

Troy said...

I just came across these wheels the other day and can't get enough of them. Why is it all the wheels seem to be used for bengals? I keep my cat indoors in a small house and he's always full of pent up energy... seems like he'd love one of these, but I don't know if there's something unique about bengals and he wouldn't be interested. Just thought you might know.

I'm considering rigging a wheel up to a food dispenser as a little extra motivation. Gotta credit the treat dispenser wheel on YouTube for that idea. He likes to sleep a lot but he likes to eat more.

Unknown said...

Aren't you doing your blog any more? Do your kitties still like the wheel? I am thinking of getting one for my fur kids for Christmas.

Tanj,Uschi&Vladi said...

Rozsmom, We've published 100s of blogs since this one,...??? I'm not sure why aren't seeing them. Try clicking on the home link at the bottom of the page or the blog title at the top "The Adventures of Tanjiro,..."

Send us an email if you are still having difficulties finding us. Link on the right side.