Thursday, July 10, 2008

Calfee Tetra Arrives Home

My first road bike was a custom built Calfee Tetra.

Calfee makes world renowned, Tour de France winning
carbon fiber and bamboo (yes bamboo) bikes. Once I got the
TitanFlex up and running, I sent my well used/abused Tetra
back to Calfee to be overhauled and refinished.
Today, "Steed" arrived back home.

WOW, Weeeee, it is better than new.

Tanji admires the new hand wrapped head-tube,

complete with integrated dérailleur cable stops.

(check out that carbon swirl and
Purple Pearl iridescence!!)

Very slick!!

Dad,... this looks very nice.

What are these?

While they were rebuilding/refinishing the frame, I
asked if they could mount a third set of water bottle bosses

on the underside of the down tube, so I could carry a third
bottle or mount a container to carry tools down low.

Soon, Tanji found

the shipping box.

Is there anything else in here?

With Tanji's departure, Vladi arrived.

I'm sleepy, but I had to look over the "new" toy.

Uschi was next on the scene.

This is very interesting.

I love it !!


Previous ----- Home ----- Next


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loved the bike ! and the bamboo frames they have too. might make dual use for the boyz -- scratching posts and cycling...maxcat