Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Squeaky Wheel

For some reason when the boys jumped on their
wheel today it made a loud squeaking sound.
First Uschi tried it, then Tanji, then Vladi.

Squeak, Squeak, Squeak.

I took the wheel apart, and the boys quickly arrived to help...

This seems different.

Uschi looks distressed.

The wheel is his favorite thing,...

What is wrong with it ???

Can you fix this, please?

PLEASE???

Luckily Vladi the handyman has arrived...

I think the squeak is coming from here.

This doesn't seem fixed yet !

To my surprise and delight there are actually no bearings
in our wheel, just an axle that the thick polycarbonate "hub"
of the wheel spins on, super simple. After cleaning the hub and
coating the axle with dry moly(bdenum) spray (durable dry lubricant).

I start to reassemble the wheel...

Vladi is already performing a test run.
(the axle is not even installed yet)

But he knows this is Uschi's wheel,
so Vladi joins Tanji on the couch to watch...

The spotted brothers know who needs the wheel.

Uschi takes a spin with a big smile on his face.

I love my wheel!

Thank-you!
(with lots of purring)


Previous ----- Home ----- Next


No comments: